Washington, District Of Columbia
1.9
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I am a lady of 82 years. When my train arrived in Washington DC, I asked for help to take my bags down the steps of the train. The Conductor said that he didn't pack them, and took his own bags from the train and left.

I went down onto the platform and looked around for someone to help me. I was practically in tears.

Then a man walking down the platform asked if I was okay. He said he was also a Conductor, but a yard Conductor.(?) He wore camoflage black and white pants and a black golf shirt. I told him what had happened.

I showed my bags to him and he took them from the train for me. But he didn't stop there. He walked me to the station and brought me to the front where I met my son picking me up. He apologized for the problem and asked me to ride with Amtrak again. It's ironic that the people we see often are rude and unhelpful and the ones we don't are so nice and helpful.

If this man was on the train as a Conductor I would ride every day. This is what makes people come back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Amtrak Pros: Initiative of some employees, Helpfulness of some employees, Employees that go the extra mile.

Amtrak Cons: Unhelpful attitude.

Comments

I saw this guy too. A train had come into Union Station and he was helping an older woman on crutches with her bag.

He helped her down the train steps and into the station by carrying her bags up the escalator and walked her into the main hallway.

I guess there are still a few employees that care!

I asked one of the boarding girls if they knew who he was.

They said it was a Conductor named Mike. That's all I could find out.