1.8
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

ON DEC. 1,2016 MY WIFE AND RODE AMRAX TRAIN#79 THE CAROLINIA TO WISON N.C.

AND RETURNED ON DEC.4, 2016 TRAIN #80. WHEN I PURCHASE TICKETS I EXPLAINED THAT MY WIFE WAS CRIPPLED AND THAT I NEEDED A SLEEPER CAR BECAUSE SHE NEEDED CHANGING. SLEEPER CARS WAS NOT AVAILABLE BUT THEY WOULD PUT US NEXT TO HANDICAP RESTROOM. I ALSO TOLD THEM THAT I ONLY HAD ONE HAND THAT IT WOULD BE HARD TO PUSH HER AND CHANGE HER WHILE TRAINS WAS MOVING.

THE TRAIN WAS DELAYED AND IT TOOK 9 HOURSTO GET TO WILSON . I COULD ONLY CHANGE HER IN WASHINGTON D.C..MY WIFE HAD TO HOLD HER WATER FOR 6 HOURS.(MUCH TO LONG) WE RODE IN CAR #82527. ON OUR RETURN TRIP WE ALSO RODE CAR# 82527, BUT THIS TIME THE RESTROOMS WERE LOCKED AND MY WIFE COULDN'T USED HANDICAP BATHROOM AT ALL THE OTHER PASSENGERS FLOCKED TO NEXT CAR TO USE RESTROOM. I COULDN'T LIFT MY WIFE, PUSH TO ANOTHER CAR TO USE THAT RESTROOM WHILE TRAIN WAS MOVING, SO SHE HAD TO WET HERSELF AND SIT IN HER URINE FOR 9 HOURS( YES THAT TRAIN ALSO WAS DELAYED).

I FIND IT VERY HARD TO EVER RIDE AMTRAX AGAIN BECAUSE THEY CANNOT PROVIDE SERVICE TO THE DISABLED OR HANDICAP PERSONS.

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY. SOMEONE NEEDS TO UPGRADE SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Amtrak Cons: No help for disabled persons.

Comments