2.7

In the past I have been able to assist my 78 year old sister with her bags into her sleeping unit without any problems.Today, however, the Alpine conductor was rude and made it rudely clear that I could not assist her onto the train.

This while he and other conductors just stood and watched with no one offering assistance. This conductor should find another job where he has no personal contact with the paying customer.

If the conductors are individually allowed to make their own rules then may I suggest some kind of posting at the station clarifying the rules and the authority they have regarding assisting the elderly.I have retired after many years in the hospitality industry and had the authority to hire and fire when an employee did not meet standards.

Review about: Amtrak Conductor.

Preferred solution: Post rules for all to see.

Had an Experience with Amtrak?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1341386

File a complaint---but be aware that Amtrak is a government-run and subsidized entity. The competence level is thus unreliable.

Bolt Bus - DO NOT TAKE BOLT!!  HORRIBLE, RISKED PEOPLE'S LIVES, BROKR DOWN. Bolt Bus "I am presently on this bus, and I urge people who are seeing this post to TO NOT TAKE BOLT unless they are suicidal. First, the bus left like 40..." Read more Greyhound - Gotta blame somebody Greyhound "My scheduled bus was 6 hrs late and the station was closed in Ogden Utah. I waited outside from 4:30 a.m. until 11a.m. Luckily a nice couuple came about 20..." Read more Plusmar S.A. Took My Money And Never Took Care Of Me And/Or Any Of My Complaints, Period!     A Very Selfish, Greedy Company To Travel With! Plusmar "2535 Hauser Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90016 Wednesday, December 21, 2016 c/o V.I.P. Corporate Executive PLUSMAR S.A Ruta Provincial 36 N° 1225 K.M. 24, 500 Florencio Varela, 1888 Argentina 54..." Read more Amtrak - Train Service Review from New York, New York Amtrak "Woke up at 5:30am to be at train station at 6:30am for 7am ride from pen station to Boston. Arrived and found out ride was delay an hour. At 7:45..." Read more Discount Tire Store Txh56 On 2927 Southwest Fwy 77098 - Took almost 3 hours to service a tire. Discount Tire Store Txh56 On 2927 Southwest Fwy 77098 "I arrive at 11:15 AM. They let me know my truck is ready at 1:50 PM and told me I have to pay for a new warranty. They replace the..." Read more Dominos Pizza - Experience sucked Dominos Pizza "Ordered 2 pizzas two chicken bacon ranch sandwiches which it what we normally order. The meat on the sandwich was not bacon it was very thick and chewy. I called..." Read more Amirite - A wonderful example of double standards and bias by management. Amirite "This is not a personal attack. This is a cold and objective observation of behavior by a particular moderator. Darkest Serenity routinely violates the site tou (rules, for the rest..." Read more Matrix home health agency shorts paychecks routinely Matrix Home Health "I am a RN with over 40 years experience and 25 in upper management including 12 years as founder and entrepreneurship. I was recruited by a fellow nurse, I worked..." Read more