2.7

In the past I have been able to assist my 78 year old sister with her bags into her sleeping unit without any problems.Today, however, the Alpine conductor was rude and made it rudely clear that I could not assist her onto the train.

This while he and other conductors just stood and watched with no one offering assistance. This conductor should find another job where he has no personal contact with the paying customer.

If the conductors are individually allowed to make their own rules then may I suggest some kind of posting at the station clarifying the rules and the authority they have regarding assisting the elderly.I have retired after many years in the hospitality industry and had the authority to hire and fire when an employee did not meet standards.

Review about: Amtrak Conductor.

Preferred solution: Post rules for all to see.

Had an Experience with Amtrak?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1341386

File a complaint---but be aware that Amtrak is a government-run and subsidized entity. The competence level is thus unreliable.

Amtrak - Train Service Review from Jersey Village, Texas Amtrak "Advertise a dining cart nothing to eat for 17 hours staff didn't care, customer relations only apologized. Bathrooms only cleaned after I asked how often they are cleaned again customer..." Read more Us Airways - US AIRLINES-AWARD NOTIFICATION-CHECK SCAM Us Airways "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..." Read more Etihad Airways the worst experience ever, obnoxious attitude and behaviour!! Etihad Airways "...On reaching the counter, I was told the flight was overbooked and I won't be allowed to board the flight..." Read more Plusmar S.A. Took My Money And Never Took Care Of Me And/Or Any Of My Complaints, Period!     A Very Selfish, Greedy Company To Travel With! Plusmar "2535 Hauser Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90016 Wednesday, December 21, 2016 c/o V.I.P. Corporate Executive PLUSMAR S.A Ruta Provincial 36 N° 1225 K.M. 24, 500 Florencio Varela, 1888 Argentina 54..." Read more Physicians Hair Restoration Center - BEWARE LOREN COMITOR engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING Physicians Hair Restoration Center "BEWARE – For reasons described below, Loren Comitor is a depraved individual with no morals or ethics and engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING while working with Dr. Carlos J Puig..." Read more Sears - NIGHTMARE Wedding Ring Set!! Sears "I have been having issues with a diamond wedding ring set I purchased 2 years ago and Sears has yet to rectify the situation. I initially purchased the set along..." Read more Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more Little Caesars - NEGATIVE MARKETING FOR LITTLE CAESER'S PIZZA Little Caesars "To person who verbalized the negative nature of this described Little Caesar Commercial; I agree with you. This commercial is absolutely the most thoughtless regarding Father & Son. There is..." Read more