In the past I have been able to assist my 78 year old sister with her bags into her sleeping unit without any problems.Today, however, the Alpine conductor was rude and made it rudely clear that I could not assist her onto the train.

This while he and other conductors just stood and watched with no one offering assistance. This conductor should find another job where he has no personal contact with the paying customer.

If the conductors are individually allowed to make their own rules then may I suggest some kind of posting at the station clarifying the rules and the authority they have regarding assisting the elderly.I have retired after many years in the hospitality industry and had the authority to hire and fire when an employee did not meet standards.

Review about: Alpine Tx To La Ca.

2.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Amtrak Conductor
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Post rules for all to see

Had an Experience with Amtrak?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1341386

File a complaint---but be aware that Amtrak is a government-run and subsidized entity. The competence level is thus unreliable.

Amtrak - I was suppose to catch a train from Dwight il at 8:24 a train came pass at 8:30 but never stopped so called customer service to check the status of the rain they then told me that the train came at Amtrak "8:30 and departed at 8:32 but the only train that came pass didn't stop at all I'm very unhappy with this and I will not be using Amtrak anymore can..." Read more Delta Airlines - Destroyed luggage Delta Airlines "...This was a Samsonite Hard case that cost roughly $550.00 and is bullet prof or so I thought!The bag was missing the whole locking mechanism on one side..." Read more Flydubai sucks! Avoid these airlines!!! Flydubai "These horrible airlines ruined my vacation! I was travelling from Kyiv, Ukraine to Sri Lanka with my family: my husband and 8 years old daughter. We booked the trip including..." Read more Amtrak - Horrible customer service and dangerous employee behavior Amtrak "In an attempt to go on what started as a simple family trip from Chicago to St Louis round trip , I was treated horribly and had a nightmare of..." Read more Skechers, Ahh my love of the shoes  Ahh at their *** poor customer service. Skechers "Aprx 2 months ago I was treated horribly @ Sketchers by their employees. I have purchased over 10 pairs this year alone. Mistaken case of me being someone else. I..." Read more Case Boss Ripoff Case Boss "Placed order, did get advice that the delivery was delayed, replied to the confirmation email advising they had not delivered product. Tried to contact through fb till they blocked me..." Read more Tradition Ecclesiastical Tailoring - Outstanding Quality and Service Tradition Ecclesiastical Tailoring "I am puzzled by the negative reviews on this site for this vestment supplier. I have ordered many products from TRADITION ECCLESIASTICAL VESTMENTS since 2013 - these include a biretta,..." Read more Smokey Bones - Lack of leadership Smokey Bones "Staff sucks. Drop and run service. Order was wrong, had to take my sandwich and menu to show their mistake. When corrected food arrived it was still wrong. And there..." Read more