Amtrak - Register online without confirmation email, and set it to the wrong day for departure

70 of 321 Amtrak reviews

On May 20th, I register the trip online from LA to SFO on May25th , but finally they mention the trip is not able to confirm, and I was not getting any confirmation email. I though it is fail to register. On sunday (24th), I got an email saying you missed the train, and took my money, and set me on the wrong day(24th, should be 25th). They even don't want to refund.

How a suck company to serve their customer.

finally I need to take the greyhound, instead of it. and without the refund for Amtrak.

I will suggest no one take their service anymore. Their customer relation specialist not trying to make customer happy. but more frustrating.

I really enjoyable the west US trip for 7 days. Amtrak is the only worst part during the trip.

I am from Canada!

I don't suggest any service from Amtrak. especially their online service. they don't consider their own system fault, and just charge you without considering your feeling.

Today, yes, Today, I still can't retrieve my account base on my email(see the attach photo). and the their own system already know my email (when I called them). then how can I believe they will send me correct confirmation email?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Uncomfortable
    • Worst online service
    • Not considering customer feeling

Reason of review:
no email confirmation due system failed
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Train Ticket
Review category
Transport
review #641959 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amtrak? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
70 of 321 Amtrak reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.