My son and I went to NY on the lakeshore limited #48, on the way the dining car staff was rude and used profanity in front of my son!we never did receive the meals which were prepaid/included in the price I paid for our room.

On the return trip on the lakeshore #49 we entered our roomette only to find the toilet lid covered in human *** and urine, and the sink area covered in dried coffee and covered in sugar grains. I politely brought it to the attention of our car attendant Coco, who informed us it was not her job to clean it up?? I jokingly said, the person that did it should have cleaned it up.... Coco's response was..."NO!

THEY PAID FOR SERVICE!" in a rude nasty condescending tone! I then stated to Coco that I too had paid for service as well as a clean room. Coco's response to that was a nasty sigh and rolling of her eyes as she walked away. She then brought the conductor back, who stated if coco dose not want to clean it she did not have to!

We then asked to be moved, even if to regular coach seats, and we were told that was not an option. I called the Amtrak customer line 4-5 times trying to get this handled only to be told that my son and i would have no choice but to ride the entire 15+ hours in a 3x6 room filled with human excrement, or remove our selves from the train and find another way home at our expense. My 5th call to amtrack i was asked to have the conductor call the help desk to get permission to clean the nasty mess, when i spoke with him in the lounge car and announced to the entire train there was human *** all over our car and we were being forced to sit with it and Amtrak refused to clean it another Amtrak employee was absolutely horrified and she stepped up and came to clean it....sadly it took OVER 12 hours for this to happen. Then, due to a "switch problem" our train was delayed 2.5 hours, I suffer from a seizure disorder and am on medications to control this, medications that require to be taken with food, I informed Coco that i would need just a slice of bread to take my meds with, at which point i was completely inconveniencing her as she was "cleaning the rooms".

50 minutes later Coco returned still wearing her cleaning gloves and handed me a tray of 2 biscuits and 2 croissants that were soaking wet and squishy and no where near edible, not to mention again the cleaning gloves she is still wearing while holding this tray of bread. NEVER have i seen one person behave so badly! Nor have I EVER been treated as such a second class citizen.

The fact that we were FORCED BY AMTRAK to remain locked in a room with human *** for over 12 hours is just unimaginable to me!The fact that our basic human rights were ignored is beyond appalling to me!

Review about: Amtrak Train Service.

Had an Experience with Amtrak?

Comments

I'm sorry this happened. Sounds terrible, and the cost of those rooms are very expensive.

I would have asked for a towel and cleaner and cleaned it up myself, sounds like this person was to good to clean

Charles

Dear anonymous,

I can tell from what you wrote, here, that you had a part in creating your own problem.Even if you did not create the initial mess, your actions played a big part in why the mess did not get cleaned up as soon as you found it.

If I was a low-paid cleaner who had to put up with the noise and motion of the train for 60 hours a week, in addition to lots of annoying people, I would not have helped someone who I thought treated me with contempt or disrespect.

You (like a lot of complainers on this website) should learn how to do a better job of asking PEOPLE like CoCo (they are not your servants, in this country) for HELP in solving your problem, and you should be NICE to them instead of CRITICIZING THEM or COMPLAINING.

As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

maja

Nobody would have forced you to sit in the room, anyway.There's a parlor car, lounge car, cafe car, etc.

No one locked you in a dirty bathroom.You sound like a nut.

to maja #764932

If she paid for a sleeper car, why would she sit in the parlor, lounge or cafe cars? You are the one that sounds like a nut.

kitty
Los Angeles, California, United States #708668

some of the staff working with amtrak is snotty and uppity, can't figure out why they don't hire people who have better manners. that was horrible going through that experience of sitting in a dirty restroom,,, amtrak should give u a free trip or a refund for their bad seating arrangement and problems they caused.you could sue them most likely,that also is a health issue.

to kitty #1052981

If this really happened, not saying that it didn't, she does have legal rights. And if I were her, I would be finding a good lawyer.

Alice

hardism@amtrak.com

acac@amtrak.com

governmentaffairswas@amtrak.com

mediarelationschicago@amtrak.com

Guarantee that you get an answer in a few hours since these people once contacted just want the issue to go away!

wojciej@amtrak.com