Amtrak - MOM AND SON FORCED TO SIT IN ROOMETTE COVERED IN HUMAN EXCREMENTS
My son and I went to NY on the lakeshore limited #48, on the way the dining car staff was rude and used profanity in front of my son!we never did receive the meals which were prepaid/included in the price I paid for our room.
On the return trip on the lakeshore #49 we entered our roomette only to find the toilet lid covered in human *** and urine, and the sink area covered in dried coffee and covered in sugar grains. I politely brought it to the attention of our car attendant Coco, who informed us it was not her job to clean it up?? I jokingly said, the person that did it should have cleaned it up.... Coco's response was..."NO!
THEY PAID FOR SERVICE!" in a rude nasty condescending tone! I then stated to Coco that I too had paid for service as well as a clean room. Coco's response to that was a nasty sigh and rolling of her eyes as she walked away. She then brought the conductor back, who stated if coco dose not want to clean it she did not have to!
We then asked to be moved, even if to regular coach seats, and we were told that was not an option. I called the Amtrak customer line 4-5 times trying to get this handled only to be told that my son and i would have no choice but to ride the entire 15+ hours in a 3x6 room filled with human excrement, or remove our selves from the train and find another way home at our expense. My 5th call to amtrack i was asked to have the conductor call the help desk to get permission to clean the nasty mess, when i spoke with him in the lounge car and announced to the entire train there was human *** all over our car and we were being forced to sit with it and Amtrak refused to clean it another Amtrak employee was absolutely horrified and she stepped up and came to clean it....sadly it took OVER 12 hours for this to happen. Then, due to a "switch problem" our train was delayed 2.5 hours, I suffer from a seizure disorder and am on medications to control this, medications that require to be taken with food, I informed Coco that i would need just a slice of bread to take my meds with, at which point i was completely inconveniencing her as she was "cleaning the rooms".
50 minutes later Coco returned still wearing her cleaning gloves and handed me a tray of 2 biscuits and 2 croissants that were soaking wet and squishy and no where near edible, not to mention again the cleaning gloves she is still wearing while holding this tray of bread. NEVER have i seen one person behave so badly! Nor have I EVER been treated as such a second class citizen.
The fact that we were FORCED BY AMTRAK to remain locked in a room with human *** for over 12 hours is just unimaginable to me!The fact that our basic human rights were ignored is beyond appalling to me!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Amtrak Train
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " While traveling from BWI to New York during the Christmas holiday a few years ago with my young daughter, I encountered an Amtrak conductor with what appeared to be..."
- "I have sent the following mail to a couple of probable interested parties. piyush matlani 31 May 2014 15:18To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, MCTMD@thy.com, firstname.lastname@example.orgCc:..."
- "This trip will be my first and last ride on megabus. First and foremost i'm requesting a full refund for reservation #27-4119-113015-M37R-2330-CHR-WAS in the sum of all of my monies..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."