Houston, Texas
2.1
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I was on the train from New York to Washington, and the train was late. This is a usual occurrence, but I recently learned why.

According to a very empathetic conductor, Management changed the crew's schedules recently, in effect causing crews to get very little rest. There is no incentive for an on-time train, and the change in the crew schedules even contributed to the Philadelphia accident of train 188. The managers were Sherlock, Gordon, and Karino.

These managers have beaten the train crews to death with their skills at poor supervision. The crews have been demoralized. As a regular customer I have noticed that the service has degraded terribly. The attitudes of the workers reflect frustration with their company. It is not a good face for the customer to see.

Adding insult to injury, as a business class passenger, I was asked to sign for my complimentary beverages. The cafe girl apologized for Amtrak's new policy, telling me it was because they were not trusted. Why would you force the customer to vouch for the employee? It does not make sense.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Amtrak Pros: Workers.

Amtrak Cons: Lack of information, Horrible customer service, Arrived late.

Comments