Leawood, Kansas

I had a round trip ticket from KC to Reno. The trip started out 3 hours late.

They let me know 3 minutes before the scheduled *** that the train would be late. Amtrak had an abundance of filthy bathrooms. On the way from Reno to Galesburg, the trained stopped for 4 hours and again for an additional 2 hours waiting for new crew members to come. They should have been waiting for our train to arrive instead of the train having to wait 6 hours for the crew to arrive.

Because of the multiple delays the connections at Galesburg were all missed. Then, Amtrak kidnapped everyone on board and took us to Chicago. There were long, long lines for $10.00 food vouchers, bus passes to the hotel rooms, and vouchers for the hotel rooms. I got to my hotel room at 4:30 a.m..

After another long lines to get re-ticketed, we finally we on our way back to KC at 3 that afternoon. But, the horror show was not over at that point. A train broke down on the track in front of us, and rather than reverse and switch over to another track to bypass the broken down train, the conductor chose to just sit there for another hour to hour and a half. Proactive thinking is not Amtrak's strong suit.

Now all Amtrak want to give me is a $325.

credit for future trips and that is not even transferable. What a rip off.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Amtrak Cons: Being kidnapped and rerouted with out my consent.

• amtrak refunds

Comments

Just wondering if Amtrak made good for you.

I have a similar horror story and have written to Amtrak asking for a refund and just wonder if you ever got a response?