Sacramento, California

The Amtrak station platforms are becoming infested with homeless people. It's not safe to wait outside for trains anymore.

You can wait for your train and be accosted by a homeless person or Jehova's witnesses for up to 30 minutes before the staff will call the police. I try to move away from them, but they get beligerent, demanding money and yelling at you and other passengers if you don't give them what they want.

I've spoken to conductors, but they are government workers and only care about their narrow job, which isn't passenger safety throughout the journey.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Comments

A 'feature'? lol, I can name a number of stations where you can find a sizable number of homeless person that may tickle your fancy.

In the order that i am personally aquainted with are, NYP, Grand Central terminal,Penn station, Phila.,Wilmington, De, Boston's stations, Newark, and Trenton, NJ, Chicago, L.A., Oakland ca., to name a few. Go, see, enjoy.

#220877

Hmmm. It sounds like a feature instead of a problem.

Can you let us know which station in particular? I would like to visit.