Verified Reviewer

2.6

I planned to use AMTRAK for travel between CVS and TRE and then TRE to ALX. I saw AMTRAK's pledge to refund travel through January 4, 2022: this turns out NOT TO BE AN ACCURATE PROMISE.

I am 70-years old and was planning to visit households with unvaccinated children <4 years of age; to visit others >65 years of age.

I am unable to obtain a COVID-19 test - PCR or at-home - prior to my scheduled departure, so I wanted to cancel my trip.

I was going to MODIFY part of the trip, but the very frustrating APP doesn't allow a customer to change the departure station. AND the same APP didn't allow me to book a round-trip, so I was required to accept a $22 cancellation fee on one-way and an e-voucher for the other half of the trip.

AMTRAK's customer service is TERRIBLE: a voice mail system with "Julie" who cannot respond to anything outside the box.

The website for booking is NOT user-friendly, causing me to book 2 one-way trips vs. 1 round-trip.

FINALLY, I got through to a human being who was unable to exercise any judgement - essentially no better than "Julie." AMTRAK: get with it: protect your customers and be responsive to those with health concerns in the midst of a pandemic!

User's recommendation: book AMTRAK through a Travel Agent.

Amtrak Pros: Service to ne cities.

Amtrak Cons: Customer service severely limited, Lack of response to covid-19 pandemic concerns.

Comments