Contact Amtrak Customer Service
Amtrak Phone Numbers and Emails
(833) 883-3376Gift Card Support
(215) 856-7924International Visitors
(202) 906-4600Office of Inspector General
(978) 712-2560Vacations (International Inquiries)
(202) 906-3000Amtrak Corporate Hotline
(800) 331-0008Report Suspicious Activities and Emergencies
Business Customer Service:
(800) 390-3915Allianz Global Assistance
(888) 920-6378Mechanical Services
Discounts/ Rewards/ Cashback:
(800) 307-5000Guest Rewards Program
+4 920 300 6422Privacy Inquiries
(202) 906-4020Advertising Inquiries
(800) 872-1477Group Travel Requests
(800) 835-8725Travel Agents Only
(800) 525-2550Travel Agents Only
How To Contact Amtrak?
Most Popular Number:
|Total calls: 4 260||Issues resolved: 214||Last call: Dec 7, 2023|
Is Amtrak Customer Service Working 24/7?
Amtrak customer service is available 24/7. You can contact their customer service team anytime via phone, chat, or email to get assistance with your inquiries, booking or any other issues related to Amtrak services.
Where Can I Find a Phone Number for Amtrak Customer Service?
To find a phone number for Amtrak customer service, you can go to their website and click on the "Contact Us" button located on the bottom of the page. This will direct you to a page where you can find the appropriate phone number for your specific inquiry or issue, such as reservations, customer relations, or baggage assistance.
Can I Contact Amtrak Customer Service by Chat?
To contact Amtrak Customer Service via chat go to their website and click on the "Contact Us" link located on the bottom of the page. From there, you can select "Chat with Us" to open a chat window where you can type your inquiry or issue.
Amtrak Help Center:
Corporate Office Address:
Other Info (opening hours):
Additional Fax Numbers:
Legal (FOIA Request): +1(202) 799-6934
Sales/Reservations (Group Travel Requests): +1(800) 872-3298
Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:30pm
30th St. Station
2955 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2898
Amtrak Guest Rewards
P.O. Box 14368
Philadelphia, PA 19115
RAe Niedermeier+Teichmann PartmbB
Legal For EU/EEA Users
Fax: +49 (0) 89 20 300 6450
Office of Inspector General
10 G St. NE, Ste 3W-300
Washington, D.C. 20002
How Good is Amtrak's Customer Service?
As a customer from the UK the only way we could contact Amtrak customer service was through Pissed consumer.
I bought a ticket 10/15/2023 at 8:12 A.M.
Then I ended up cancelling the ticket knowing I was not gonna make the train and on the app it said I cancelled my ticket but I never got my money back I payed $51 and never got it back and I deserve my refund because the app said I was granted with my refund but I never got my money back and as we all know money doesn't grow on *** trees
Customer service was OK but the whole company is a dumpster fire.
I’m still waiting for a callback….hour 27
Summary of Amtrak Customer Service Calls
Top Reasons of Customers Calls
Consumers Call the Most From
Why Do People Call Amtrak?
Request for Information Question:
- “Like to know what is allowed to be packed in the car and how much”
- “To find out about ticket prices”
- “Luggage question”
Product/ Service Question:
- “Book tickets”
- “Because I was injured on the train and I can not work now”
Return/ Replace Question:
- “Change reservation”
- “Change my date”
- “I want to change my reservation”
Activation/ Cancellation Question:
- “Sick I need to cancel my train ride”
- “Cancel reservation”
- “Kicked off a train, refund”
- “Clarification of changes and refunds”
Shipping and Delivery Question:
- “Where is my ticket”
- “Ticketing - have not received an email or ticket for online purchase”
- “Train where is my train”
Payments and Charges Question:
- “Discount and ticket info”
- “Do federal retirees get discounts”
- “Do federal retirees get discounts for their far”
- “My reservation was processed and paid for, not recorded and there was a shortage of seats when I needed to travel.I called customer service the next morning and the representative was able to find us seats, no hassle, politely and efficiently.”
- “Customer service”
Website/ Application Question:
- “Website issue”
- “Application for a job”
- “To reset my password”
- “Guest rewards not recognizing my account”
- “To correct my account infiingormation”
- “I apply for coach cleaning job and just wanted to know how long is the wait”
- “Jobs open in”
- “Employment verification”
- “To see if i canpay with two different vlcards because one day enough on it”
- “Sent gift card to wrong email”
- “Why is there a hold for 122 on My card”
- “Check to see if train on time”
- “Urgent help re ticket”
- “Ticket availability”
Amtrak is actually the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. This company is a quasi-governmental corporation and the preferred stock of the company is owned by the Federal Government. The company operates passenger service on routes across the continental United States of America connecting hundreds of destinations in 48 states; routes to Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. In addition to the passenger service, Amtrak expanded into freight transportation market and now operates a captive bus service. Frequency of service on routes of Amtrak varies depending on the route and destinations; it ranges from three trips weekly to several times per hour.
Amtrak is ranked 7 out of 78 in Trains category
Compare Amtrak To
Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm. A company's rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in your profile. The algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.