Verified Reviewer

3.4

I made my return roundtrip on Res # 87ABD2, on Train 22 on Nov 2, 2021. There was a great distance from the 1 step stool they offered to where the floor of the train was.

I complained that it was impossible for anyone to board from that distance. The conductors/employee said they could help me. When it was apparent that just a hand couldn't help me they proceeded to shove me up to the train. I ended up in a squatting position, resulting in great pain in my knees.

I finally told them that I had to get down on my knees to get up. In the process I hit my head on the wall. When I finally got up, I was left to climb the stairs up to my coach seat. Once the train got underway, two of the AMTRK employees who had assisted me in 0boarding, came though and asked if I was okay.

I told them no, and asked if they had a Tylenol they could give me because my back was spasming. They replied that they couldn't. Thanks to a fellow passenger, he was able to give me a couple of Tylenol and a couple more if I needed them. During my trip, I asked one of the AMTRK employees why they didn't have a higher step.

He said he didn't know but the Cleburne station where I boarded, was the highest one and didn't know why they didn't have a 2 step stool for boarding. NOTE : the Marshall, Tx station had a 2 step stool for boarding assistnce.

My second issue is that the speaker system in the upper coach area where I was seated was so bad that no one seated in that car could hear announcements. Again, when I inquired of one of the AMTRK employees why it was so bad, he said it had been reported several times, but never got fixed!

Preferred solution: Upgrafe to roomette for one year on next trip.

Amtrak Pros: Great seat spacing, Power outlets.

Amtrak Cons: Boarding.