Norwood, Massachusetts
2.7
Number of Destinations

I just had an Amtrak customer service agent tell me that if I want to travel between New York and DC with a suitcase, I need to find another mode of travel because they do not have ANYWHERE to stow a suitcase onboard a train. How ridiculous!

Am I supposed to fly rather than take a 3 hour train?! No wonder why Amtrak is losing money if they will not accommodate business travelers who need to bring a full-sized suitcase.

The customer service rep herself was flippant and literally told me that I should find another way to travel. In many other countries or even in local commuting trains, many train cars have small sections at either end of the cars for storing larger items.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1194492

You can take a carry on size suitcase on any Amtrak train. And the carry-on size is much larger than aircraft, enough for 1-2 weeks worth of clothes.

There are overhead compartments and small storage areas, both far larger than aircraft.

Yes there is a hopefully shrinking cohort of customer facing staff that feel very entitled and are even negative about people upgrading to business class.