Washington, District Of Columbia

I was assaulted by an Amtrak conductor after taking a trip to Chicago. The Conductor was extremely rude to both passengers and fellow employees the entire trip, threatening to throw people off or leave them where ever we were. The train was 2 hours late, with absolutely no information passed to the passengers until an Amtrak employee went and talked to them. They told him that the intercom was not working well, he told them then you need to be out there letting people know because the entire train was worried about what was going on, the conductor in question then yelled at him for telling him how to do his job.

After we finally got to Chicago we got off the train and saw the same rude conductor, we said "there goes the ******" he then ran up to us and threatined to call the police, we laughed at him and told him to go ahead and call the police. At that point he swore at us and then pushed me.

I called the police on HIM right away, filed a Amtrak complaint and a police report, the Amtrak super intendant refunded my money for the return trip we had not taken yet but we were informed we would need to contact Customer Relations to get a refund for the trip that we were assaulted on.

Customer Relations told me that "refunds are not allowed for employee conduct". Amtrak clearly does not care about it's passengers safety or well being or repeat business if they allow their employees to assault paying customers without so much as a refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Comments

I just experienced physical assault by an amtrak conductor that travels from Chicago on the California zephyr. His name is Kevin..

I am in the process of filing a complaint & possibly bringing a lawsuit against them if necessary. i would very much like to talk with you about this! I am unsure how this site works & how to contact you. I am a small framed female & was traveling with my 12 month old baby & was thrown off the train for attempting to get my diaper bag.

I'm not sure where to go from here! Please let me know how to contact you.

Thank you!

@lady0peace

Innocent people don't get thrown off the train. You might also be careful about getting yourself sued for slander. I am sure you are leaving out many facts here and embellishing on the rest of the details.

#922045
@Anonymous

"Innocent people don't get thrown off the train", really? You must work for Amtrak.

I rode the Capital back from Chicago this past weekend and had a similar experience. The individual was not a conductor but, I believe, a sleeper attendant.

He was an African American approx 50-55 years old.

His name was Arthur. Could it be the same person?

Was this on the Cardinal by any chance? I rode the Cardinal a few months back and while the conductor wasnt physically violent, he was rude.