Lakemont, Georgia

Without going to much into detail quite yet, I am simply posting this here as the beginning of my formal complaint. I will not rest until this is remedied as it is uncalled for and wrong.

Racism no matter who it is directed towards is wrong and tonight in Spokane WA at the train station I was appalled at the fact that not just one but multiple workers on the train referred to a gentleman who happens to be a black foot Indian as a "brownie" and that they were going to move him down to where the rest of the " brownies" were. After the shock of it wore off as I was stunned that an Amtrak worker was allowed to talk and talk to a man like that and degrade him instead of showing him the respect he deserves as a human being, I went to the front to find out where they had moved him and when I asked about my new friend they didn't seem to think it was a problem and showed no care about it.. In fact the man I asked after questioning me about the gentleman wronged stated that they had moved him down to the number 2 car with the other brownies and that's where I could find him. Though I was able to maintain my composure at the time, I was again shocked and angered by this..

It offends me deeply and offended several others as well. This blatant racism and back of the bus tactics is appalling and as I stated at the beginning of this complaint.. I will not stop until this is resolved and Amtrak employees are not allowed to make racial comments such as that or treat anyone like a second class citizen.. For those of you who are reading this and don't see the problem..

How would it feel or sound to you if I said, I was going to put you with the other h******s or c***ks or n****RS..

It would be completely degrading treatment and actually against the law. If Amtrak does not remedy this immediately I will have no choice but, to file a formal complaint and possibly arrange for a lawsuit.

Comments

I totally agree! That is outrageous and unacceptable behavior!

Please follow up with your complaint or even a lawsuit as you said. May God bless you for your concern for one of His creations.