Blue Springs, Missouri
Number of Destinations

I would like to speak with someone that can help me with my case. To make a long story short...

I made a reservation for my parents(my dad is hard of hearing and my mom has Alzheimer's) to take a train from Pennsylvania to Kansas City for my wedding which was to be held on May 30. They were on the train and they were not told that they were the next stop so they actually missed their stop and had to take a cab back to the previous stop to get back on the correct train. As you can imagine this was very stressful for 2 elderly people and they were afraid they were going to miss my wedding. When they finally arrived in Kansas City their baggage was lost.

They filed a claim at the Kansas City baggage counter and that claim was apparently lost as well. While they were in Kansas City their bag was found so we went down to Union Station to collect their bag and realized when we got all the way back to the hotel that some other passengers empty was stuffed inside their empty suitcase. So not only was my dad's suit that he was supposed to walk me down the aisle in and at my moms mother of the bride dress lost but everything else that they had brought with them had been stolen. I have been calling Amtrak and dealing with them since May 30 and finally after turning in $700 worth of receipts (which in my opinion is nothing for a couple staying for five days and needing proper wedding attire ).

I spoke with Melvin a customer service agent who asked me if I would settle the claim for $500 which I agreed to to get it over with even though I still didn't feel that it was right. I was supposed to hear from him on weds or thurs and didn't so I called him today only to find out they were going to cut a check for $350. When I was not happy with that Melvin said he could give me a $250 Amtrak voucher. Needless to say, We are NEVER going on Amtrak again so the $250 voucher is worthless at this point.

This company stole from my parents and has done nothing but give us the run around ever since. Something needs to be done to fix this total lack of customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amtrak Train Service.

Comments