92 views
1.5

Website reservation systems doesn't work. Despite having an account for years with all my info, about 1/2 the time I can't get a reservation or my credit card to go through properly.

So then I have to call and wait to book via an agent. Last night I wasted over an hour trying to make a reservation and gave up. Today I finally got through and the fare had gone up by $25. Amtrak sucks in every way compared to most train systems in other countries.

They also keep raising the fares but the service never improves.

Lots of the employees are rude and/or indifferent and clearly are just un-fireable union members biding their time for benefits. Sad this is the train system America has to offer, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Amtrak Pros: It exists.

Amtrak Cons: Everything else.

Location: 400 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001

Comments

Why not just *** a ride on a freight train like the hobos do. Just make sure that you always have a warm coat and a gallon of water with you at all times. And maybe a can of mace to spray on any bulls who may try hassle you.

@PissedConsumer1801380

"I've got a big leather suitcase, AllI own's inside, Seems I've been walking for days, I cain't even b um a ride."

@PissedConsumer1801380

Nice to hear from an Amtrak employee! I'll keep your advice in mind.

By the way, their website still can't process credit cards as of January 2020. I think they have a hobo as their IT manager.

Amtrak Reviews